Change the order of materials
You may want to change the order of how materials are applied to ensure that the visual attributes of your 3D content is to your liking.
- Under Objects and Timeline, expand the Viewport3D object for the object
that you want to modify.
Within the Viewport3D object are containers for the cameras, materials, and lights.
The materials and lights might be contained in an object that represents the world geometry. If so, expand the world geometry container object.
- Expand the materials container object, and then select one of the
The face that corresponds to the material is identified on the artboard by a blue bounding box.
- Expand the material object until you get to the last node, as in the
3D material object selected under Objects and Timeline
- In the Materials category of the Properties
panel, click the color swatch next to the BackMaterial or
the Material property, depending on which side of the face
you want to reorder the materials.
The materials sub-property editor appears.
- In the list of materials, click the material you want to
reorder, and then click either Send Material Backward
or Bring Material Forward
The list of materials is at the top of the materials editor. You might have to scroll up to the list of materials by moving your mouse over the little black arrows at the top of the materials editor.