Your camera should meet the following requirements in order to
obtain document images that can be reliably recognized.
Recommended camera characteristics
- Image sensor: 5 million pixels for A4 pages. Smaller sensors
may be sufficient for taking pictures of smaller documents such as
- Flash disable feature
- Manual aperture control, i.e. availability of Av or full manual
- Manual focusing
- An anti-shake system or ability to use a tripod
- Optical zoom
- Image sensor: 2 million pixels for A4 pages
- Variable focal distance. Fixed-focus cameras (lens focused on
infinity) should not be used to photograph documents. These types
of camera are commonly built into mobile phones and PDAs.
Note: For detailed information about your camera, please
refer to the documentation supplied with your device.