General field properties are its name and number.
To change the field name:
- Right-click the field and select the Properties item in
the local menu. The Properties dialog will open.
- Click the General
tab and enter the necessary text in the Name field.
- If you import your data from CSV file, you must name the fields
in the same way the respective CSV file columns are named, or the
automatic field-column matching will fail.
- The Name field may be left empty.
The field number determines the order in which you browse the
fields in design and form modes.
In order to change the field number:
- Select the Renumber Fields item in the Format
menu or press CTRL+T.
- Click the fields in the order you want them to be.