System dictionaries are supplied together with ABBYY Lingvo. You cannot edit system dictionaries or add words to them.
When working in ABBYY Lingvo you can:
- Install a system dictionary if it was not installed or if it was removed at some point
- Remove a system dictionary which you think you won't need in the near future
To install/remove system dictionaries:
- Select Start>Settings>Control Panel and double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box that opens, select the version of ABBYY Lingvo installed on your computer and click Change.
- In the dialog box that opens, select Change and click Next.
- In the Custom Setup dialog box, select the dictionaries you wish to install and click Next.
- Follow the instructions of the setup program.