Set up and track a home mortgage escrow
To set up a home mortgage escrow
account in Money:
- On the File menu, point to
New, and then click New
- Choose Other account type, and then click
- On the Choose an account type page, choose
Other, and then click Next.
- Choose Track transactions and other details,
and then click Next.
- In the Account name box, type Escrow
- To add the remaining account information, follow the
instructions on the screen.
To include escrow payments in your
- Click Banking, and then click Account
- Right-click the mortgage account in which the payments occur
(not the escrow account), and then click See
- To start the Change Loan Wizard, click
Change Loan Terms, and then click
- In the dialog box asking What part of your loan do you
want to change, choose Other Fees, and
then click Next.
- Enter an effective date (the date you start making escrow
payments), and then click Next.
- In the dialog box asking Are other fees associated with
this loan, click Other Fees.
- In the Category list, choose Transfer:
- In the Amount column, type the amount that you
want to add to the mortgage payment, and then click
- Click Next, and then click