Enter a transaction to remit sales tax
- Click Banking, and then click Account
- Click the account from which you want to pay the sales
- In the lower left of the page, make sure that the Show
transaction forms check box is selected.
- On the transaction form, click the Withdrawal
tab, and then click New.
- In the Pay to box, type the government agency
- In the Category box, scroll down to
Special, and then click Transfer: Sales
- Complete the transaction form, and then click
- To remind yourself to pay sales tax when it's due, you can
schedule a bill. Make sure to schedule it as a transfer.
- If you do not see Transfer: Sales Tax in the
category list, make sure that you have first created an invoice.
Money creates a sales tax account for you when you enter your first