When converting PDF files from Windows Explorer, the program will use the options (document language, layout retention) that you selected during the previous session with ABBYY PDF Transformer 2.0 launched from Windows Explorer.
- Open Windows Explorer and right-click the desired file. On the shortcut menu, select ABBYY PDF Transformer 2.0 and then select the desired action:
- Open in Microsoft Word - Converts the PDF file and opens it in Microsoft Word,
- Open in Microsoft Excel - Converts the PDF file and opens it in Microsoft Excel,
- Transform into Searchable PDF - Converts the PDF file into searchable PDF so that you can carry out full-text searches,
- Transform with Custom Settings… - Launches ABBYY PDF Transformer 2.0 so that you can select conversion options or select text, table, and picture areas manually.
- When several files are selected in Windows Explorer, ABBYY PDF Transformer 2.0 is not available on the shortcut menu.
- If the PDF document is password-protected, the program will ask you for the password. If you type an invalid password three times, the password dialog box will be closed and the PDF file will not be opened.
- Once you have launched the conversion process, a conversion window will open. This dialog box contains the following information:
- The name of the document being converted and the name of the output document;
- A progress bar;
- The selected options (output format, the document language, layout retention options);
- Tips and warning messages.
To open a page for which a warning message has been issued, simply click the page number.
Note: If the look of the output document differs very much from the original, try altering the conversion options and/or selecting text, table, and picture areas manually. For more information, see Improving Conversion Results.
Improving Conversion Results
PDF Conversion Dialog Box