Making Screenshots and Recognizing Texts
ABBYY Screenshot Reader can create screenshots of selected areas
on the screen of your computer and save them to a file, copy them
to the Clipboard or send them to ABBYY FineReader.
When you launch ABBYY Screenshot Reader, the ABBYY Screenshot
Reader window appears on the screen of your computer.
The ABBYY Screenshot Reader window contains tools for
recognizing text and tables on the screen of your computer, for
creating screenshots of selected screen areas, and for setting up
To make a screenshot or to recognize a text fragment:
- From the Screenshot list in the
ABBYY Screenshot Reader select a screen capture
captures an area of your choice
captures a part of the screen (e.g. a window,
a window fragment, a toolbar, etc.)
captures the entire screen.
- Timed Screen
captures the entire screen with a delay of 5 seconds
- In the Language list, select a recognition language
- In the Send list, select the
destination application into which the recognized screenshot or
text should be sent
The selected text or screenshot may be sent
- the Clipboard (Text to Clipboard, Table to
Clipboard or Image to Clipboard)
- a new document (Text to Microsoft Word or
Table to Microsoft Excel)
- a file (Text to File, Table to File or Image to
File). In the Save As dialog box, provide a file name
and select a format
- ABBYY FineReader 10 (Image to ABBYY
FineReader). Select this item if the screen area
contains both text and pictures
- a *.bmp file and attached to a new created e-mail message
(Image to E-mail).
This item requires:
 Microsoft Word
 Microsoft Excel
 ABBYY FineReader 10
to be installed on your machine.
the item you select in the Screenshot
list, the screenshot
will be created automatically or a capture tool will appear
enabling you to select the desired area:
- If you select Area, the cursor will change to
Holding down the left mouse button, select the desired area on the
- If you select Window, the cursor will change to
Point the mouse cursor to the desired area and well a color frame
appears, press the left mouse button.
- If you select Screen or Timed Screen, the
screenshot will be created automatically.
- To cancel screen capture, press Esc or the right mouse
- To cancel the recognition, click Stop or press