ABBYY Lingvo allows you to place user dictionaries (i.e. dictionaries which you created yourself or obtained from other sources, e.g. downloaded from www.LingvoDA.ru) on to the Bookshelf.
Adding an editable user dictionary or a DSL dictionary to the Bookshelf
To add a user dictionary, do one of the following:
- On the Tools menu, select the Add Dictionary… command, or
- In the Languages and Dictionaries dialog box (Tools>Languages and Dictionaries…>Add…), select the required dictionary and click OK, or
- In Windows Explorer, drag and drop the required dictionary onto the ABBYY Lingvo Bookshelf.
The dictionary will be added to the Bookshelf and included into the current group for the corresponding translation direction. A monolingual dictionary will also be included into the default dictionary group. However, if a dictionary with this name is already in a dictionary group, it will not be added.
Note: If you are adding dictionaries which were created in ABBYY Lingvo 11 or earlier, these dictionaries are automatically converted to the new format.
Important! User dictionaries created in ABBYY Lingvo 12 cannot be used in ABBYY Lingvo 11 or earlier.
Indexing a DSL dictionary
If you wish an added DSL dictionary to be used for full-text searches, you must include the dictionary into the overall index. Newly added dictionaries can be indexed:
- by clicking the Update Index… button on the Dictionaries tab of the Languages and Dictionaries dialog box (Tools>Languages and Dictionaries…),
- automatically when you first run a full-text search on the new dictionary.
Creating and Editing User Dictionaries
Creating DSL Dictionaries