|Top Previous Next|
To check mail for a specific account:
Note: In accordance with the respective protocols - POP3 or IMAP - The Bat! behaves differently when you check your mail. With POP3, all of your mail downloadeds to your local computer and is deleted from the server (depending on your settings in the account's properties). For IMAP, all your folders are synchronised and then The Bat! goes off line; this behaviour can be changed to fit your needs in the account properties.
To check mail for more than one account:
Note: You can define which accounts will not be checked by The Bat! in the Account Properties->Options window.
To stay on line with an IMAP account:
Checking mail at start-up:
4. Click the Add button
5. Select Send/Check Mail
6. Select the Action (Check for New Mail Only, Send Queued Messages Only, or Check and Send Simultaneously)
7. Select the Accounts you want to check during this scheduled event
8. Enable the check box to Connect to the Internet if needed
9. Enable the check box to Disconnect when all sessions are finished (if desired: useful for dial-up accounts)
10. Click OK to close the scheduler