Click the Common tab in the New Task window to access the quick tasks that cover the most frequent usage scenarios.
- Scan to Microsoft Word scans a paper document and converts it to a Microsoft Word document
- File (PDF/Image) to Microsoft Word converts PDF documents and images files to a Microsoft Word document
- Scan and Save Image scans a document and saves the resulting images. Once the scanning is finished, a dialog box opens prompting you to save the images.
For the list of formats in which you can save images, please see Supported Image Formats.
- Scan to PDF scans a paper document and converts it to an Adobe PDF document
- Photo to Microsoft Word converts a digital photo to a Microsoft Word document
- Scan scans a paper document
- Open opens a PDF document or image file
- Create Document… creates a new ABBYY FineReader document
Important! When you run a quick task, data are converted based the program's current options. If you have changed application options, re-run the task to recognize text with the new options.
For more about built-in tasks, see ABBYY FineReader Tasks.