When using non-activated dictionaries in ABBYY Lingvo 12, the following applies:
Non-activated dictionaries are marked with in the card window.Show me the dialog box
- The trial period lasts 30 days.
- The countdown of the trial period starts when you first launch ABBYY Lingvo after you have installed the program.
Important! Typically, when you buy the program you receive a set of several dictionaries. During custom installation you may choose not to install some of the dictionaries. However, the trial period will start when you first run ABBYY Lingvo with any of the installed dictionaries from the set. I.e. the trial period is the same for all the dictionaries in the dictionary set and a dictionary from the set may expire even if you have not installed it.
Example: A user has purchased ABBYY Lingvo 12 English Edition and during custom installation chooses to install only LingvoUniversal (En-Ru). The user first launches ABBYY Lingvo with LingvoUniversal (En-Ru) on January 1, 2007, and the trial period starts. Now, if on January 29, 2007 the user decides to install the rest of the dictionaries from the set supplied with ABBYY Lingvo 12 English Edition, they will only run for one day, as their trial period started on January 1, 2007, together with the first launch of LingvoUniversal (En-Ru).
Show me the dialog box
- Once the activation is complete, all the dictionaries will run in full mode.
Information about the dictionaries in your copy of ABBYY Lingvo is available via the About Dictionary dialog box (Help> About ABBYY Lingvo 12…, More About Dictionaries… button).
- To be able to add a user dictionary onto the Bookshelf, you need at least one system dictionary installed (running either in full or in trial mode) with the same pair of languages as used in the user dictionary. See the Supported Languages table for a full list of languages that are supported by ABBYY Lingvo 12. Note that if the system dictionary in question is running in trial mode, the user dictionary will become unavailable once the trial period expires.
Example: A user is running ABBYY Lingvo 12 Multilingual Edition in trial mode. This edition includes dictionaries for Russian, English, Spanish, and other languages. The user can add user dictionaries for the same languages onto the Bookshelf. However, once the trial period expires, all the dictionaries, both system and user, will become unavailable unless the user activates the system dictionaries of ABBYY Lingvo 12 Multilingual Edition.
- If none of the dictionaries have been activated, ABBYY Lingvo 12 will cease to function once the trial period is over.Show me the dialog box
To continue using an expired dictionary, you need to activate it.Detailed information about the activated and non-activated dictionaries is available via the AAbout Dictionary dialog box (Help> About ABBYY Lingvo 12…, More About Dictionaries… button).
How to Buy ABBYY Lingvo