In ABBYY Lingvo, you can hear some of the words in the English-Russian dictionary LingvoUniversal (En-Ru), in the German-Russian dictionary Universal (De-Ru), and in the French-Russian dictionary Universal (Fr-Ru) pronounced by native speakers.
The sound files may be installed either together with the program or later.
To install the sound files:
- Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon in Start>Settings>Control Panel.
- In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box that opens, select ABBYY Lingvo and then click Change.
- In the dialog box that opens, select the Change box and click Next.
- In the Custom Setup dialog box that opens, either select Sound or one of the subitems:
- English words
- French words
- German words
To hear a word pronounced:
- Open the card of the word you wish to hear in LingvoUniversal (En-Ru), Universal (De-Ru) or Universal (Fr-Ru).
- Click (loudspeaker) or press CTRL+P on your keyboard.
You need a sound card and headphones or loudspeakers to be able to listen to pronunciations.
Note: ABBYY Lingvo uses the Vorbis compression format to compress the sound files.