To compile a *.dsl dictionary:
- Click Start and select Programs>ABBYY Lingvo 12>DSL Compiler.
- In the DSL Compiler dialog box that opens, select the *.dsl file that contains the text of your dictionary and then select the required compilation parameters.
Note: If you wish image or sound files to be added to the dictionary, place these files into the folder where the source DSL file is located.
- Click the Compile button.
- The result of the compilation is a *.dde file and an *.lsd file. Correct the errors and warnings listed in the *.dde file (if any) and recompile your dictionary.
When DSL Compiler finishes compiling your dictionary, the About Dictionary dialog box is displayed.
If your cards contain not only text in the target language, but also text fragments in other languages, you must enclose such fragments in lang tags.
If your dictionary consists of several files, use the #INCLUDE command to join the files during compilation.
- Starting from Lingvo 9.0 you can convert *.lud dictionaries into *.dsl format.
- If you want your dictionary to be represented by its own icon on the Bookshelf, you need to create a 14x21 *.bmp image. The name of the image must be the same as the name of the dictionary file.